March 20, 2014 2:20:36 PM
Bomb dogs searched Columbus Middle School Thursday afternoon after a teacher discovered a bomb threat written on a boys' bathroom wall according to Assistant Superintendent Craig Shannon. Shannon said school officials did not know when the threat was written but cleared the school as a precaution.
Shannon said he expected students to return to class later this afternoon. School will be dismissed as usual, Shannon said.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY