March 20, 2014 2:20:36 PM
Bomb dogs searched Columbus Middle School Thursday afternoon after a teacher discovered a bomb threat written on a boys' bathroom wall according to Assistant Superintendent Craig Shannon. Shannon said school officials did not know when the threat was written but cleared the school as a precaution.
Shannon said he expected students to return to class later this afternoon. School will be dismissed as usual, Shannon said.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY