March 20, 2014 2:20:36 PM
Bomb dogs searched Columbus Middle School Thursday afternoon after a teacher discovered a bomb threat written on a boys' bathroom wall according to Assistant Superintendent Craig Shannon. Shannon said school officials did not know when the threat was written but cleared the school as a precaution.
Shannon said he expected students to return to class later this afternoon. School will be dismissed as usual, Shannon said.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Hitting the road: Bulldog fans pour into OKC for tonight's Sweet 16 matchup against Washington STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Bond denied for O-Kay Foods shooting suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY