March 20, 2014 2:20:36 PM
Bomb dogs searched Columbus Middle School Thursday afternoon after a teacher discovered a bomb threat written on a boys' bathroom wall according to Assistant Superintendent Craig Shannon. Shannon said school officials did not know when the threat was written but cleared the school as a precaution.
Shannon said he expected students to return to class later this afternoon. School will be dismissed as usual, Shannon said.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY