March 20, 2014 2:20:36 PM
Bomb dogs searched Columbus Middle School Thursday afternoon after a teacher discovered a bomb threat written on a boys' bathroom wall according to Assistant Superintendent Craig Shannon. Shannon said school officials did not know when the threat was written but cleared the school as a precaution.
Shannon said he expected students to return to class later this afternoon. School will be dismissed as usual, Shannon said.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY