March 21, 2014 12:14:53 PM
WEST POINT -- Three West Point men were arrested for possession of marijuana and liquid codiene after a traffic stop Wednesday.
Tevin Nance, 22, Anthony Bean, 23 and Brian Bowens, 22 were arrested when agents discovered approximately one pound of marijuana and an undisclosed amount of liquid codeine in their possession, according to Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott. All three me were arraigned Thursday. Tevin Nance's bond is $100,000.00 and Anthony Bean's bond is $150,000.00. Nance and Bowens are currently incarcerated at the Clay County Detention Center. Preliminary hearing will be held on April 17, 2014 at the Clay County Justice Court. Scott stated the continued cooperation between the sheriff's department and the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics continue to remove large amounts of illegal narcotics off the streets.
Sheriff Scott stated the investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the Clay County Sheriff's Department at 662-494-2896, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics at 662-494-9744, West Point Police Department at 662-494-1244 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS