March 22, 2014 11:40:55 PM
OXFORD -- A federal judge has rescheduled the trial date of a Columbus man indicted on child pornography charges.
WTVA-TV in Tupelo reports Tyler Lofton's trial is now set for June 9 in U.S. District Court in Oxford.
The 30-year-old Lofton was arrested in April for exploitation of a minor.
Authorities say an investigation turned up images of children on his computer. The images dated back to December of 2012.
Lofton has pleaded not guilty and is currently free on a $5,000 bond.
Court records show the latest is because prosecutors say one of the investigators in the case has a medical issue that will keep them out of work for a couple of months.
Lofton's trial had been scheduled for March 31.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Longtime attorney passes away STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY