October 7, 2009 10:04:00 AM
A Columbus store owner may have avoided getting robbed by a man wielding an ax by hitting the panic button.
On Saturday, an officer was dispatched to King''s Grocery, at 1702 MLK Drive, in reference to a panic alarm. Once on scene, the officers realized it was an armed robbery.
The store owner said a black male went into the store with an ax. The store owner hit the panic button. The black male left the store before officers arrived on scene.
The following other incidents were reported by the CPD:
Cases have been turned over to the CPD Criminal Investigations Division.
14/88 commented at 10/9/2009 7:22:00 AM:
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB instructor killed in Texas crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY