October 7, 2009 10:04:00 AM
A Columbus store owner may have avoided getting robbed by a man wielding an ax by hitting the panic button.
On Saturday, an officer was dispatched to King''s Grocery, at 1702 MLK Drive, in reference to a panic alarm. Once on scene, the officers realized it was an armed robbery.
The store owner said a black male went into the store with an ax. The store owner hit the panic button. The black male left the store before officers arrived on scene.
The following other incidents were reported by the CPD:
Cases have been turned over to the CPD Criminal Investigations Division.
14/88 commented at 10/9/2009 7:22:00 AM:
1. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Clinkscales out, Amos in as drug court judge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Federal agents arrest man on assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY