October 7, 2009 10:04:00 AM
A Columbus store owner may have avoided getting robbed by a man wielding an ax by hitting the panic button.
On Saturday, an officer was dispatched to King''s Grocery, at 1702 MLK Drive, in reference to a panic alarm. Once on scene, the officers realized it was an armed robbery.
The store owner said a black male went into the store with an ax. The store owner hit the panic button. The black male left the store before officers arrived on scene.
The following other incidents were reported by the CPD:
Cases have been turned over to the CPD Criminal Investigations Division.
14/88 commented at 10/9/2009 7:22:00 AM:
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY