March 24, 2014 10:26:49 AM
BRANDON -- A man is hospitalized in stable condition after being shot multiple times while fishing with his three sons.
Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey tells The Clarion-Ledger Thomas J. Presley was shot in his wrist, hand and buttocks while he was fishing on a friend's property just after 5 p.m. Sunday.
Bailey says 31-year-old Cregg Anthony Puckett is in custody in connection with the shooting and faces several charges.
Officials say Presley had permission from a landowner to fish in the lake, which also adjoined Puckett's property.
Bailey say Puckett had four outstanding justice court warrants. Two of those were simple assault, and two were traffic violations.
It was unclear whether Puckett has an attorney.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY