March 24, 2014 10:26:30 AM
JACKSON -- Sean "Diddy" Combs is adding his support those seeking a union at Nissan Motor Co.
Combs endorsed the effort by video at a free pro-union concert by rapper Common Friday night at Jackson State University.
The UAW is trying to organize the 5,200-worker Canton plant. Employees have yet to file a petition for a union election.
In the meantime, the union is trying to push the Japanese automaker to campaign among workers inside the plant without company interference. Nissan, which opposes a union, has refused and says it's not violating worker rights.
A number of outside groups have joined the union's push, casting it as a civil rights issue.
The UAW lost a vote at a Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, Tenn., even after the company tacitly supported the union.
1. Police release more details on cold case murder arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Defendant shows up to court high COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Having a voice: Tyler Edmonds seeks compensation from Mississippi for three years he spent in prison COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Documents: Nicholas seeks tourism rebate for hotel, won't pursue local TIF funds STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man accused of stealing meat from Sunflower found not guilty COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY