March 25, 2014 10:19:39 AM
The son of the Noxubee County sheriff has been arrested for drugs for the second time in four months, according to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department.
Akem Olajuwon Grassaree, 25, of Macon, was arrested March 12 by agents with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department Narcotics Unit after they discovered an undetermined amount of cocaine and marijuana in his vehicle, according to Lowndes County authorities. Agents also say they seized approximately $7,000 in cash. Grassaree was charged with possession of cocaine in a motor vehicle with intent to distribute.
Grassaree is the son of Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree. He received a $25,000 bond.
Grassaree was also arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department in December for possession of cocaine.
Terry Terrell Jones, 32, of 2423 6th Street North, was a passenger in the vehicle during the March 12 incident. He was arrested on scene and charged with possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and violation of probation, according to authorities.
Christopher Gevoris Sherrod, 22, of Brooksville, was also a passenger in the vehicle. He was charged with possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle and possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.
Jones and Sherrod each received a bond of $25,000.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY