March 25, 2014 10:19:39 AM
The son of the Noxubee County sheriff has been arrested for drugs for the second time in four months, according to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department.
Akem Olajuwon Grassaree, 25, of Macon, was arrested March 12 by agents with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department Narcotics Unit after they discovered an undetermined amount of cocaine and marijuana in his vehicle, according to Lowndes County authorities. Agents also say they seized approximately $7,000 in cash. Grassaree was charged with possession of cocaine in a motor vehicle with intent to distribute.
Grassaree is the son of Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree. He received a $25,000 bond.
Grassaree was also arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department in December for possession of cocaine.
Terry Terrell Jones, 32, of 2423 6th Street North, was a passenger in the vehicle during the March 12 incident. He was arrested on scene and charged with possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and violation of probation, according to authorities.
Christopher Gevoris Sherrod, 22, of Brooksville, was also a passenger in the vehicle. He was charged with possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle and possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.
Jones and Sherrod each received a bond of $25,000.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. College View, 550 Russell projects moving forward STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY