March 26, 2014 10:23:40 AM
Mississippi University for Women is unveiling a new car tag.
The Columbus university announced the new tags in a press release on Monday. The new look replaces the former tag, which was designed in 1992.
"We continue to build a strong brand and visual identity," said President Jim Borsig in the release. "The new tag is much more visible from a distance and reinforces the logo that the university is using widely."
The tag also has the university's web address and features the slogan "Long Blue Line," according to the release.
The tag is available at the tax assessor's office for $51 with $31.50 benefiting The W.
Borsig encouraged MUW supporters and alumni to purchase the new tag.
"This is a great way for alumni and friends of The W to show their pride in this institution and provide support to the university at the same time," he said. "We think this design will be popular."
For more information, visit muw.edu/plate.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Police release more details on cold case murder arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Defendant shows up to court high COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Having a voice: Tyler Edmonds seeks compensation from Mississippi for three years he spent in prison COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Documents: Nicholas seeks tourism rebate for hotel, won't pursue local TIF funds STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man accused of stealing meat from Sunflower found not guilty COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY