March 26, 2014 10:23:40 AM
Mississippi University for Women is unveiling a new car tag.
The Columbus university announced the new tags in a press release on Monday. The new look replaces the former tag, which was designed in 1992.
"We continue to build a strong brand and visual identity," said President Jim Borsig in the release. "The new tag is much more visible from a distance and reinforces the logo that the university is using widely."
The tag also has the university's web address and features the slogan "Long Blue Line," according to the release.
The tag is available at the tax assessor's office for $51 with $31.50 benefiting The W.
Borsig encouraged MUW supporters and alumni to purchase the new tag.
"This is a great way for alumni and friends of The W to show their pride in this institution and provide support to the university at the same time," he said. "We think this design will be popular."
For more information, visit muw.edu/plate.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY