March 27, 2014 10:24:14 AM
Starkville police officers are searching for 18-year-old Deangelo Dewayne Manning, who was previously wanted in connection to a Halloween shooting, after he allegedly broke into a Catherine Street home and attacked its residents with a knife.
A Starkville Police Department release states Manning fled the scene after the Tuesday night incident.
A warrant was issued for his arrest. Bond was set at $20,000.
SPD previously issued a warrant for Henderson's arrest after an Oct. 31 drive-by shooting occurred at Henderson Hill. Numerous shots were fired in the area while bystanders were present that night, but no injuries were reported; however, several vehicles were damaged in the incident.
SPD Chief Frank Nichols said Manning gave a statement to officers that implicated another suspect, and charges were not filed against him. That incident, the police chief said, is still under investigation.
Manning is 6-foot-1-inch tall and weighs approximately 175 pounds, according to the release.
Anyone with information on this incident or others is asked to call SPD at (662) 323-4131 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at (800) 530-7151.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY