Victor Lee McCarter
March 27, 2014 10:24:14 AM
A 27-year-old man has been charged with malicious mischief after he allegedly "destroyed" his girlfriend's home, according to local law enforcement.
Victor Lee McCarter, of 301 Lodge Street in Crawford, was arrested Saturday and charged with four counts of malicious mischief after he damaged his girlfriend's home and two vehicles.
E-911 received a call for vandalism at 67 Miley Loop, according to investigators with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department. When investigators arrived on scene, they discovered holes in the walls of the home and numerous broken windows, according to Investigator Will Spann. A car parked in the driveway also received damage, including dents and the doors and broken windows, Spann said.
Authorities say McCarter's friend, Woodrow Clark Jr., drove the two to Third Avenue South where they allegedly damaged a second vehicle belonging to McCarter's girlfriend.
McCarter and Clark were arrested at McCarter's residence last Saturday. McCarter was charged with four counts of felony malicious mischief. He received a $10,000 bond. Clark was charged with one count of felony malicious mischief. He received a $2,500 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY