April 2, 2014 10:49:52 AM
Starkville Police Department arrested 18-year-old Deangelo Dewayne Manning, of 406 Hancock Circle, Monday after a March 27 burglary incident in which he allegedly broke into a Catherine Street home and attacked its residents with a knife.
Manning turned himself in peacefully at 4:30 p.m. Monday, according to a SPD release, and was incarcerated at Oktibbeha County Jail. His bond was set at $20,000.
SPD previously issued a warrant for Manning's arrest after an Oct. 31 drive-by shooting occurred in the Henderson Hill area. Numerous shots were fired in the area as bystanders were present that night, but no injuries were reported. Several vehicles were damaged in the incident.
SPD Chief Frank Nichols previously told The Dispatch that Manning gave a statement to officers that implicated another suspect in the shooting, and charges were not filed against him. That incident, the police chief said, is still under investigation.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY