April 5, 2014 8:20:33 PM
MCCOMB -- A Mississippi soldier who was shot at Fort Hood is under home care at the Texas base.
Renee Westbrook says her husband, 32-year-old Sgt. Jonathan Westbrook, was shot several times. She and members of Westbrook's family say he was released earlier this week.
Westbrook's father, Theodis Westbrook, says his son was among the first people shot by a gunman who killed three people and wounded 16 before killing himself on Wednesday.
Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, Fort Hood's commander, says an argument sparked the attacks. He won't say what it was about but says investigators don't think Lopez targeted individual soldiers.
Chris Grey is a spokesman for the Army's Criminal Investigation Command based in Quantico, Va. He says the military has not established a "concrete motive" for Spc. Ivan Lopez's rampage.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY