April 5, 2014 8:20:42 PM
The son of the Noxubee County Sheriff has been arrested for the third time in less than six months.
Akem Grassaree, 25, of Macon was arrested by officers with the Monroe County Sheriff's Department after cocaine was allegedly discovered in his possession, according to Sheriff Cecil Cantrell.
Grassaree is the son of sheriff Terry Grassaree.
As of press time, Cantrell said the investigation was ongoing and expected charges to be filed.
Grassaree was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department Narcotics Unit in December for felony possession of cocaine as well as misdemeanor possession of marijuana. He was released on a $5,000 bond.
Grassaree was arrested again in March for possession of cocaine in a motor vehicle with intent to distribute. He also had approximately $7,000 in his possession at the time of his arrest. He received a $25,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY