April 8, 2014 10:39:43 AM
NORTH READING, Mass. -- Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman's home quickly quacked the case.
A North Reading (REH'-ding) woman called police Saturday from her upstairs bedroom to report that she heard loud banging noises downstairs and feared someone had broken into her home.
Officers who responded found no sign of a break-in.
But during a quick search of the home, police found a soot-covered wood duck.
Police say it appears the duck got in through the chimney.
An officer caught the duck and released it into a nearby pond.
1. Delta crash response: 'A somber, purpose-driven' mood COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Second Baptist feud over construction intensifies STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Property swap may be option for Southside project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY