April 9, 2014 10:23:59 AM
Golding Road from Richardson Road to Golding Circle will be closed from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday.
Lowndes County road manager Ronnie Burns said crews will be replacing a cross drain that has rotted out and caused the road to cave in.
"It's not only going to help with drainage, but it's going to keep the road from sinking," Burns said. "We have to replace them quite often on different roads. When the bottom of the cross drains start rusting out, what happens is it the lets the sides give in and then it gives in from the top down. It closes the hole on your culverts which causes restriction for the water."
The road is located just south of Lake Lowndes State Park.
For more information, call the Lowndes County Road Department at (662)-434-8219.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Women entrepreneurs talk business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY