April 16, 2014 9:27:04 AM
Starkville police officers arrested a Stewart woman Monday after discovering she had methamphetamine and methamphetamine paraphernalia after a morning incident at Walmart.
Police arrested Melody Rushing Stagg, no age given, of 2480 Tally Road, Stewart, after a 911 call reported suspicious activities at the store about 5:30 a.m.
When officers arrived on the scene, they made contact with Stagg, who according to a release appeared to have slurred speech, constricted pupils and poor motor skills.
Officers observed paraphernalia while speaking with Stagg, according to the release, and discovered methamphetamine in her possession.
Stagg was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
She made an initial appearance in Starkville Municipal Court later that day, where her bond was set at $5,000.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. More Highway 12 work begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY