April 16, 2014 9:27:04 AM
Starkville police officers arrested a Stewart woman Monday after discovering she had methamphetamine and methamphetamine paraphernalia after a morning incident at Walmart.
Police arrested Melody Rushing Stagg, no age given, of 2480 Tally Road, Stewart, after a 911 call reported suspicious activities at the store about 5:30 a.m.
When officers arrived on the scene, they made contact with Stagg, who according to a release appeared to have slurred speech, constricted pupils and poor motor skills.
Officers observed paraphernalia while speaking with Stagg, according to the release, and discovered methamphetamine in her possession.
Stagg was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
She made an initial appearance in Starkville Municipal Court later that day, where her bond was set at $5,000.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Man arrested for walking onto field during Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CVB purchases Elks Club COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bell ringers and Angel Trees: Volunteers and donations still needed by Salvation Army COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Supervisors donate land for new Communiversity site COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. For Amos, a goodbye to drug court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY