In this Monday photo, a 3-year-old boy plays inside a claw game machine at a bowling alley in Lincoln, Neb. Photo by: AP Photo/Courtesy Rachell Hildreth
April 17, 2014 10:40:27 AM
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Authorities say a toddler has been reunited with his mother after employees found him playing inside a claw crane machine at a Nebraska bowling alley.
Lincoln police say a 24-year-old woman called 911 Monday afternoon because her 3-year-old son was missing from her apartment.
Employees at the bowling alley across the street meanwhile called police to say a small boy was playing with stuffed animals inside the coin-operated machine.
It was unclear how the boy ended up inside the claw crane machine. A representative from the vending machine company let him out and he was reunited with his mother a short time later. He was not hurt.
Police say the mother was not cited because she quickly reported that her son was missing and there were no indications of neglect.
1. Signing off: Longtime WCBI anchor retiring after 44 years on the air COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trotter shooting suspect arrested COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Big cat sleepover: Cedarhill holds fundraising raffle for second year in a row COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-circuit clerk arrested for slapping woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Bond denied for alleged Thanksgiving shooter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY