April 19, 2014 10:59:51 PM
WEST POINT -- A Columbus woman has been convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole for the stabbing death of a West Point in 2012.
Clay County District Attorney Lindsey Clemons tells the Daily Times Leader a jury convicted Shunbrica Roby on Wednesday.
Roby was one of three women arrested in the death of 27-year-old Marcus Payne of Hamilton. Authorities say Payne was found outside a convenience store and later died at a Tupelo hospital.
Clemons says the trials for Roby's sister and cousin, Latwanna Roby and Natisha Roby, both of Macon, are scheduled during the July term of circuit court.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY