April 19, 2014 10:59:51 PM
WEST POINT -- A Columbus woman has been convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole for the stabbing death of a West Point in 2012.
Clay County District Attorney Lindsey Clemons tells the Daily Times Leader a jury convicted Shunbrica Roby on Wednesday.
Roby was one of three women arrested in the death of 27-year-old Marcus Payne of Hamilton. Authorities say Payne was found outside a convenience store and later died at a Tupelo hospital.
Clemons says the trials for Roby's sister and cousin, Latwanna Roby and Natisha Roby, both of Macon, are scheduled during the July term of circuit court.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former CMSD choir director indicted for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY