April 19, 2014 10:59:51 PM
WEST POINT -- A Columbus woman has been convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole for the stabbing death of a West Point in 2012.
Clay County District Attorney Lindsey Clemons tells the Daily Times Leader a jury convicted Shunbrica Roby on Wednesday.
Roby was one of three women arrested in the death of 27-year-old Marcus Payne of Hamilton. Authorities say Payne was found outside a convenience store and later died at a Tupelo hospital.
Clemons says the trials for Roby's sister and cousin, Latwanna Roby and Natisha Roby, both of Macon, are scheduled during the July term of circuit court.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY