April 19, 2014 10:59:51 PM
WEST POINT -- A Columbus woman has been convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole for the stabbing death of a West Point in 2012.
Clay County District Attorney Lindsey Clemons tells the Daily Times Leader a jury convicted Shunbrica Roby on Wednesday.
Roby was one of three women arrested in the death of 27-year-old Marcus Payne of Hamilton. Authorities say Payne was found outside a convenience store and later died at a Tupelo hospital.
Clemons says the trials for Roby's sister and cousin, Latwanna Roby and Natisha Roby, both of Macon, are scheduled during the July term of circuit court.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY