April 22, 2014 9:54:01 AM
JACKSON -- A judge has denied bond to two teenagers accused of the rape, carjacking, and kidnapping of a 29-year-old woman.
WLBT-TV reports a 16-year-old and 13-year-old appeared Monday in Jackson Municipal Court. Both face charges of kidnapping, armed carjacking, sexual assault, rape, and aggravated assault. One of the teenagers broke down in tears at his father's side as the charges were read
Jackson Police spokeswoman Officer Colendula Green says a woman reported being hit in the head and forced into her 2014 Dodge Avenger at gunpoint sometime after 1:30 p.m. Saturday. She says she was sexually assaulted and later escaped and called police.
The victim was taken to an area hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.
The vehicle was spotted a short time later and the teenagers were apprehended.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY