April 22, 2014 9:54:01 AM
JACKSON -- A judge has denied bond to two teenagers accused of the rape, carjacking, and kidnapping of a 29-year-old woman.
WLBT-TV reports a 16-year-old and 13-year-old appeared Monday in Jackson Municipal Court. Both face charges of kidnapping, armed carjacking, sexual assault, rape, and aggravated assault. One of the teenagers broke down in tears at his father's side as the charges were read
Jackson Police spokeswoman Officer Colendula Green says a woman reported being hit in the head and forced into her 2014 Dodge Avenger at gunpoint sometime after 1:30 p.m. Saturday. She says she was sexually assaulted and later escaped and called police.
The victim was taken to an area hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.
The vehicle was spotted a short time later and the teenagers were apprehended.
1. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Planned talent show draws scam concerns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Shooting victim fights for life in hospital COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY