April 23, 2014 12:16:32 PM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
The Lowndes County Sheriff's Department issued an Amber Alert for a 2-year-old girl Wednesday morning.
Maliah Harris disappeared with her parents after her 7-month-old sister, Alyssa, was found dead.
The siblings' grandfather discovered Alyssa's body inside the family's 1841 Honnell Mill Road home about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. He then called 911, according to law enforcement. While he was on the phone with 911, the parents, Donald Harris and Allison Studdard, left the home with their 2-year-old daughter.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Marc Miley said the family is traveling in a 2002 black Pontiac Aztec with a Georgia license plate. Their direction of travel is unknown, investigators said. Mississippi Highway Patrol listed their license plate number as PGR7927.
Donald Harris is described as a 34-year-old white male, 5 feet, 11 inches tall, weighing 201 pounds with blue eyes and dark hair. Allison Studdard is described as a 31-year-old white female, 5 feet, 7 inches tall, weighing 107 pounds with blue eyes and brown hair.
Maliah has blonde hair. Law enforcement does not know what color her eyes are.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said the 7-month-old's body will be sent to Jackson for an autopsy to determine a cause of death.
Anyone with information regarding the family's whereabouts is asked to call Mississippi Highway Patrol 855-642-5378, Lowndes County Sherriff's Department at 662-328-6788 or Golden Triangle Crimestoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY