April 24, 2014 10:48:29 AM
ATLANTA -- A 9-year-old Atlanta boy who police say was abducted for a short time from his driveway is being praised by community leaders for his calm as he sang the gospel song "Every Praise" until the man released him.
Willie Myrick recounted the story at a recent gathering in his honor. He says as he sang, the man drove around and was cursing before eventually letting him go unharmed last month.
WXIA-TV reports Grammy Award-winning gospel singer Hezekiah Walker, who performed the song, traveled to Atlanta to meet the boy.
Walker says he believes God spoke through him to save the boy's life.
Police have a sketch of the suspect and are searching for him.
More details on what the boy told police about what happened on March 31 weren't available.
1. Columbus mayoral race gets ugly COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man gets life in prison for capital murder of Lowndes teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ceco property sold to investment group COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. E-911 workers get ultimatum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Business booms for Starkville startup Glo STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY