April 25, 2014 10:33:00 AM
GULFPORT -- Harrison County Sheriff Melvin Brisolara says deputies have arrested an estranged couple in a 2007 theft of six pounds of platinum from the DuPont DeLisle plant.
Brisolara tells The Sun Herald deputies reopened the case after new evidence allegedly linked 54-year-old Willard Kevin Gallagher, of Gulfport, to the crime.
He says the investigation also revealed Gallagher's estranged wife, 48-year-old Angela Marie Simmons, of Virginia Beach, Va., allegedly conspired with Gallagher to sell the platinum.
On Thursday, Gallagher was arrested on a charge of grand larceny, and Simmons was arrested on a charge of conspiracy to commit a crime.
It was unclear whether Gallagher and Simmons have attorneys.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY