April 25, 2014 10:33:00 AM
GULFPORT -- Harrison County Sheriff Melvin Brisolara says deputies have arrested an estranged couple in a 2007 theft of six pounds of platinum from the DuPont DeLisle plant.
Brisolara tells The Sun Herald deputies reopened the case after new evidence allegedly linked 54-year-old Willard Kevin Gallagher, of Gulfport, to the crime.
He says the investigation also revealed Gallagher's estranged wife, 48-year-old Angela Marie Simmons, of Virginia Beach, Va., allegedly conspired with Gallagher to sell the platinum.
On Thursday, Gallagher was arrested on a charge of grand larceny, and Simmons was arrested on a charge of conspiracy to commit a crime.
It was unclear whether Gallagher and Simmons have attorneys.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY