April 25, 2014 10:33:00 AM
GULFPORT -- Harrison County Sheriff Melvin Brisolara says deputies have arrested an estranged couple in a 2007 theft of six pounds of platinum from the DuPont DeLisle plant.
Brisolara tells The Sun Herald deputies reopened the case after new evidence allegedly linked 54-year-old Willard Kevin Gallagher, of Gulfport, to the crime.
He says the investigation also revealed Gallagher's estranged wife, 48-year-old Angela Marie Simmons, of Virginia Beach, Va., allegedly conspired with Gallagher to sell the platinum.
On Thursday, Gallagher was arrested on a charge of grand larceny, and Simmons was arrested on a charge of conspiracy to commit a crime.
It was unclear whether Gallagher and Simmons have attorneys.
1. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY