April 26, 2014 9:58:07 PM
NATCHEZ -- The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is looking into the death of a 43-year-old Natchez man who was shocked with a stun gun by an Adams County deputy during a traffic stop.
"It was an incident where a suspect refused to comply with the officer," Sheriff Chuck Mayfield told The Natchez Democrat Thursday.
The man was identified as Tyrone Davis.
"He (died) shortly after that, but we don't know what exactly caused him to die yet," Mayfield said.
Mayfield said he wouldn't release further details regarding the incident until the investigations by his office and state authorities were complete.
Adams County Coroner James Lee declined to comment on the incident until receiving autopsy results from the state crime lab.
Mayfield said a deputy stopped Davis' car about 9 p.m. Wednesday for reckless driving near Robert Lewis Middle School.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. LINK head concerned about state budget cuts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY