April 26, 2014 9:58:07 PM
NATCHEZ -- The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is looking into the death of a 43-year-old Natchez man who was shocked with a stun gun by an Adams County deputy during a traffic stop.
"It was an incident where a suspect refused to comply with the officer," Sheriff Chuck Mayfield told The Natchez Democrat Thursday.
The man was identified as Tyrone Davis.
"He (died) shortly after that, but we don't know what exactly caused him to die yet," Mayfield said.
Mayfield said he wouldn't release further details regarding the incident until the investigations by his office and state authorities were complete.
Adams County Coroner James Lee declined to comment on the incident until receiving autopsy results from the state crime lab.
Mayfield said a deputy stopped Davis' car about 9 p.m. Wednesday for reckless driving near Robert Lewis Middle School.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY