April 26, 2014 5:05:35 PM
JACKSON -- The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is warning of the possibility of severe weather beginning this afternoon through Tuesday night.
The National Weather Service says high winds, heavy rainfall up to five inches and flash flooding are possible as well as strong tornadoes and very large hail.
MEMA Executive Director Robert Latham says it will be a multi-regional and multi-day severe weather outbreak.
Latham says MEMA is coordinating with state agencies, local emergency management officials and FEMA in preparation for the storm.
The State Emergency Operations Center in Pearl will partially activate at 1 p.m. Sunday to monitor the situation.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS