April 26, 2014 5:05:35 PM
JACKSON -- The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is warning of the possibility of severe weather beginning this afternoon through Tuesday night.
The National Weather Service says high winds, heavy rainfall up to five inches and flash flooding are possible as well as strong tornadoes and very large hail.
MEMA Executive Director Robert Latham says it will be a multi-regional and multi-day severe weather outbreak.
Latham says MEMA is coordinating with state agencies, local emergency management officials and FEMA in preparation for the storm.
The State Emergency Operations Center in Pearl will partially activate at 1 p.m. Sunday to monitor the situation.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY