May 3, 2014 11:05:00 PM
TUPELO -- Bond has been set at $50,000 each for two men arrested and charged for looting at Lee County residences in the storm aftermath.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says 20-year-old Zachary Gumm and 21-year-old David Bennett were arrested Thursday while working disaster relief detail in the Auburn community.
Johnson says the two men are accused of taking copper wire and utility items as they made their relief rounds.
He says a description of the suspects and the vehicle they were in gave deputies the information needed to find Gumm and Bennett.
Johnson says the stolen items were recovered.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY