May 3, 2014 11:05:00 PM
TUPELO -- Bond has been set at $50,000 each for two men arrested and charged for looting at Lee County residences in the storm aftermath.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says 20-year-old Zachary Gumm and 21-year-old David Bennett were arrested Thursday while working disaster relief detail in the Auburn community.
Johnson says the two men are accused of taking copper wire and utility items as they made their relief rounds.
He says a description of the suspects and the vehicle they were in gave deputies the information needed to find Gumm and Bennett.
Johnson says the stolen items were recovered.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY