May 3, 2014 11:05:00 PM
TUPELO -- Bond has been set at $50,000 each for two men arrested and charged for looting at Lee County residences in the storm aftermath.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says 20-year-old Zachary Gumm and 21-year-old David Bennett were arrested Thursday while working disaster relief detail in the Auburn community.
Johnson says the two men are accused of taking copper wire and utility items as they made their relief rounds.
He says a description of the suspects and the vehicle they were in gave deputies the information needed to find Gumm and Bennett.
Johnson says the stolen items were recovered.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY