May 3, 2014 11:05:00 PM
TUPELO -- Bond has been set at $50,000 each for two men arrested and charged for looting at Lee County residences in the storm aftermath.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says 20-year-old Zachary Gumm and 21-year-old David Bennett were arrested Thursday while working disaster relief detail in the Auburn community.
Johnson says the two men are accused of taking copper wire and utility items as they made their relief rounds.
He says a description of the suspects and the vehicle they were in gave deputies the information needed to find Gumm and Bennett.
Johnson says the stolen items were recovered.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY