May 3, 2014 11:05:00 PM
TUPELO -- Bond has been set at $50,000 each for two men arrested and charged for looting at Lee County residences in the storm aftermath.
Sheriff Jim Johnson says 20-year-old Zachary Gumm and 21-year-old David Bennett were arrested Thursday while working disaster relief detail in the Auburn community.
Johnson says the two men are accused of taking copper wire and utility items as they made their relief rounds.
He says a description of the suspects and the vehicle they were in gave deputies the information needed to find Gumm and Bennett.
Johnson says the stolen items were recovered.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY