May 5, 2014 3:47:47 PM
PRENTISS -- A 38-year-old Alabama man is being sought for allegedly hitting a Prentiss police officer with a car in Jefferson Davis County.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says Andreas Shackleford of Hillsboro, Alabama, is accused of hitting a police officer with his car at the intersection of Mississippi Highway 13 and U.S. Highway 84 around 9:45 p.m. Saturday. The police officer was treated and released from the hospital.
Authorities say Shackleford faces a charge of aggravated assault.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY