May 5, 2014 3:47:47 PM
PRENTISS -- A 38-year-old Alabama man is being sought for allegedly hitting a Prentiss police officer with a car in Jefferson Davis County.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says Andreas Shackleford of Hillsboro, Alabama, is accused of hitting a police officer with his car at the intersection of Mississippi Highway 13 and U.S. Highway 84 around 9:45 p.m. Saturday. The police officer was treated and released from the hospital.
Authorities say Shackleford faces a charge of aggravated assault.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY