May 5, 2014 3:47:47 PM
PRENTISS -- A 38-year-old Alabama man is being sought for allegedly hitting a Prentiss police officer with a car in Jefferson Davis County.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says Andreas Shackleford of Hillsboro, Alabama, is accused of hitting a police officer with his car at the intersection of Mississippi Highway 13 and U.S. Highway 84 around 9:45 p.m. Saturday. The police officer was treated and released from the hospital.
Authorities say Shackleford faces a charge of aggravated assault.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY