May 5, 2014 3:47:47 PM
PRENTISS -- A 38-year-old Alabama man is being sought for allegedly hitting a Prentiss police officer with a car in Jefferson Davis County.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says Andreas Shackleford of Hillsboro, Alabama, is accused of hitting a police officer with his car at the intersection of Mississippi Highway 13 and U.S. Highway 84 around 9:45 p.m. Saturday. The police officer was treated and released from the hospital.
Authorities say Shackleford faces a charge of aggravated assault.
1. Dog gives his life protecting child from rattlesnake COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 2 dead in Oktibbeha County car crash STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. MSU blue-chip guard popped for DUI STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Reclaiming the past: Local businessman making living selling salvaged material for new construction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD welcomes 11 new officers to force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY