May 5, 2014 3:47:47 PM
PRENTISS -- A 38-year-old Alabama man is being sought for allegedly hitting a Prentiss police officer with a car in Jefferson Davis County.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says Andreas Shackleford of Hillsboro, Alabama, is accused of hitting a police officer with his car at the intersection of Mississippi Highway 13 and U.S. Highway 84 around 9:45 p.m. Saturday. The police officer was treated and released from the hospital.
Authorities say Shackleford faces a charge of aggravated assault.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. More Highway 12 work begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY