May 9, 2014 10:55:42 AM
NEW YORK -- ABC's Lara Spencer is apologizing for referring to Cinco de Mayo as "Cinco de Drinko" on a "Good Morning America" segment this week.
The anchor wore, then twirled, a sombrero and mentioned that the holiday was the biggest day of the year for margarita sales. She held what appeared to be a margarita.
She tweeted a day later that she got a little carried away and was sorry for the segment. MSNBC's "Way Too Early" show similarly apologized this week for showing a staff member shaking maracas and taking a swig from what was said to be a tequila bottle.
The holiday marks an 1862 battle victory by Mexican troops.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. State road inspectors embark on annual maintenance trip COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Welty Symposium kicks off with story of truths, lies and child brides COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY