May 9, 2014 10:55:42 AM
NEW YORK -- ABC's Lara Spencer is apologizing for referring to Cinco de Mayo as "Cinco de Drinko" on a "Good Morning America" segment this week.
The anchor wore, then twirled, a sombrero and mentioned that the holiday was the biggest day of the year for margarita sales. She held what appeared to be a margarita.
She tweeted a day later that she got a little carried away and was sorry for the segment. MSNBC's "Way Too Early" show similarly apologized this week for showing a staff member shaking maracas and taking a swig from what was said to be a tequila bottle.
The holiday marks an 1862 battle victory by Mexican troops.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY