May 9, 2014 10:55:56 AM
TUPELO -- Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee is in a Washington, D.C., hospital after initially suffering nausea and fatigue.
WTVA-TV reports Nunnelee, a Republican from Tupelo, went to the hospital Wednesday after consulting with the House attending physician. In a statement, Nunnelee says an MRI later showed a small abnormality on the right side of his brain.
The 55-year-old congressman, reports The Daily Journal, says he is in good spirits and hopes to be released in a couple of days. He also thanked everyone for their prayers and support.
Nunnelee, in his second term, represents Mississippi's First Congressional District and serves on the House appropriations and budget committees.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY