May 9, 2014 10:55:56 AM
TUPELO -- Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee is in a Washington, D.C., hospital after initially suffering nausea and fatigue.
WTVA-TV reports Nunnelee, a Republican from Tupelo, went to the hospital Wednesday after consulting with the House attending physician. In a statement, Nunnelee says an MRI later showed a small abnormality on the right side of his brain.
The 55-year-old congressman, reports The Daily Journal, says he is in good spirits and hopes to be released in a couple of days. He also thanked everyone for their prayers and support.
Nunnelee, in his second term, represents Mississippi's First Congressional District and serves on the House appropriations and budget committees.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY