May 9, 2014 10:55:56 AM
TUPELO -- Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee is in a Washington, D.C., hospital after initially suffering nausea and fatigue.
WTVA-TV reports Nunnelee, a Republican from Tupelo, went to the hospital Wednesday after consulting with the House attending physician. In a statement, Nunnelee says an MRI later showed a small abnormality on the right side of his brain.
The 55-year-old congressman, reports The Daily Journal, says he is in good spirits and hopes to be released in a couple of days. He also thanked everyone for their prayers and support.
Nunnelee, in his second term, represents Mississippi's First Congressional District and serves on the House appropriations and budget committees.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY