May 9, 2014 10:55:56 AM
TUPELO -- Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee is in a Washington, D.C., hospital after initially suffering nausea and fatigue.
WTVA-TV reports Nunnelee, a Republican from Tupelo, went to the hospital Wednesday after consulting with the House attending physician. In a statement, Nunnelee says an MRI later showed a small abnormality on the right side of his brain.
The 55-year-old congressman, reports The Daily Journal, says he is in good spirits and hopes to be released in a couple of days. He also thanked everyone for their prayers and support.
Nunnelee, in his second term, represents Mississippi's First Congressional District and serves on the House appropriations and budget committees.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Walmart shooting suspect charged with aggravated assault STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY