May 9, 2014 10:55:56 AM
TUPELO -- Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee is in a Washington, D.C., hospital after initially suffering nausea and fatigue.
WTVA-TV reports Nunnelee, a Republican from Tupelo, went to the hospital Wednesday after consulting with the House attending physician. In a statement, Nunnelee says an MRI later showed a small abnormality on the right side of his brain.
The 55-year-old congressman, reports The Daily Journal, says he is in good spirits and hopes to be released in a couple of days. He also thanked everyone for their prayers and support.
Nunnelee, in his second term, represents Mississippi's First Congressional District and serves on the House appropriations and budget committees.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY