May 9, 2014 10:55:56 AM
TUPELO -- Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee is in a Washington, D.C., hospital after initially suffering nausea and fatigue.
WTVA-TV reports Nunnelee, a Republican from Tupelo, went to the hospital Wednesday after consulting with the House attending physician. In a statement, Nunnelee says an MRI later showed a small abnormality on the right side of his brain.
The 55-year-old congressman, reports The Daily Journal, says he is in good spirits and hopes to be released in a couple of days. He also thanked everyone for their prayers and support.
Nunnelee, in his second term, represents Mississippi's First Congressional District and serves on the House appropriations and budget committees.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY