May 9, 2014 10:55:56 AM
TUPELO -- Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee is in a Washington, D.C., hospital after initially suffering nausea and fatigue.
WTVA-TV reports Nunnelee, a Republican from Tupelo, went to the hospital Wednesday after consulting with the House attending physician. In a statement, Nunnelee says an MRI later showed a small abnormality on the right side of his brain.
The 55-year-old congressman, reports The Daily Journal, says he is in good spirits and hopes to be released in a couple of days. He also thanked everyone for their prayers and support.
Nunnelee, in his second term, represents Mississippi's First Congressional District and serves on the House appropriations and budget committees.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY