May 10, 2014 11:02:03 PM
LOUISVILLE -- A community memorial service will remember the 10 Winston County residents killed in an April 28 tornado.
The service will take place at 4:30 p.m. today at Louisville High School.
Louisville Alderwoman Frances Ball says that the pastors of Calvary Apostolic Church and Still Valley Missionary Baptist Church, which were destroyed in the storm, will speak. So will Rev. Mason Joy, the pastor of East Louisville Baptist Church. A family of three victims, including 8-year-old Tyler Tucker, were members of his church.
Individual funerals for all 10 victims have already been held.
The tornado cut a crescent-shaped swath around the town of 6,600, destroying and damaging hundreds of buildings.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. After 11 years as EMCC president, Young stepping down COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY