May 10, 2014 11:02:03 PM
LOUISVILLE -- A community memorial service will remember the 10 Winston County residents killed in an April 28 tornado.
The service will take place at 4:30 p.m. today at Louisville High School.
Louisville Alderwoman Frances Ball says that the pastors of Calvary Apostolic Church and Still Valley Missionary Baptist Church, which were destroyed in the storm, will speak. So will Rev. Mason Joy, the pastor of East Louisville Baptist Church. A family of three victims, including 8-year-old Tyler Tucker, were members of his church.
Individual funerals for all 10 victims have already been held.
The tornado cut a crescent-shaped swath around the town of 6,600, destroying and damaging hundreds of buildings.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY