May 10, 2014 11:02:03 PM
LOUISVILLE -- A community memorial service will remember the 10 Winston County residents killed in an April 28 tornado.
The service will take place at 4:30 p.m. today at Louisville High School.
Louisville Alderwoman Frances Ball says that the pastors of Calvary Apostolic Church and Still Valley Missionary Baptist Church, which were destroyed in the storm, will speak. So will Rev. Mason Joy, the pastor of East Louisville Baptist Church. A family of three victims, including 8-year-old Tyler Tucker, were members of his church.
Individual funerals for all 10 victims have already been held.
The tornado cut a crescent-shaped swath around the town of 6,600, destroying and damaging hundreds of buildings.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Deck collapse could prompt county building code discussions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY