May 10, 2014 11:02:03 PM
LOUISVILLE -- A community memorial service will remember the 10 Winston County residents killed in an April 28 tornado.
The service will take place at 4:30 p.m. today at Louisville High School.
Louisville Alderwoman Frances Ball says that the pastors of Calvary Apostolic Church and Still Valley Missionary Baptist Church, which were destroyed in the storm, will speak. So will Rev. Mason Joy, the pastor of East Louisville Baptist Church. A family of three victims, including 8-year-old Tyler Tucker, were members of his church.
Individual funerals for all 10 victims have already been held.
The tornado cut a crescent-shaped swath around the town of 6,600, destroying and damaging hundreds of buildings.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS