May 10, 2014 11:02:03 PM
LOUISVILLE -- A community memorial service will remember the 10 Winston County residents killed in an April 28 tornado.
The service will take place at 4:30 p.m. today at Louisville High School.
Louisville Alderwoman Frances Ball says that the pastors of Calvary Apostolic Church and Still Valley Missionary Baptist Church, which were destroyed in the storm, will speak. So will Rev. Mason Joy, the pastor of East Louisville Baptist Church. A family of three victims, including 8-year-old Tyler Tucker, were members of his church.
Individual funerals for all 10 victims have already been held.
The tornado cut a crescent-shaped swath around the town of 6,600, destroying and damaging hundreds of buildings.
1. LCSO names suspect in Crawford shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Shots fired near the Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY