May 10, 2014 11:02:03 PM
JACKSON -- A Republican congressman from north Mississippi is out of a Washington hospital but says he faces surgery later for a small mass found on his brain.
Rep. Alan Nunnelee says he was released Friday from George Washington University Medical Center. The 55-year-old had been admitted to the hospital Thursday after experiencing nausea and fatigue.
Nunnelee says constituents deserve to know about his condition. He says the mass on his brain is "an isolated problem that can be remedied through surgery."
He says he is staying in Washington this weekend for more medical tests and hopes to be home in Tupelo soon to help people with tornado recovery efforts.
Nunnelee served several years in the state Senate before he was elected to the U.S. House in 2010. He is seeking re-election.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY