May 10, 2014 11:02:03 PM
NEW YORK -- What's the first thing Jon Hamm did when he saw his wax figure unveiled Friday at New York's Madame Tussauds?
Took a selfie, of course.
"That's a no-brainer. I'm probably not done doing that either," he told The Associated Press.
The wax figure is decked out in a debonair-looking grey suit. Ironically, Hamm, who stars in the AMC drama "Mad Men," arrived at the unveiling wearing a grey suit.
"This is happenstance, but it is kind of crazy how kind of identical we decided to dress. I'm referring to him as a human being as if he dressed himself," he said.
Hamm said he posed for the figure last year. It took months to craft the figure.
As Hamm posed for photos next to the figure, he also joked about the stoic expression on the mannequin saying "a lot of people would say this kind of describes my acting (on 'Mad Men'). A lot of waxy stares, a lot of silent brooding."
Hamm was joined by his longtime girlfriend, actress Jennifer Westfeldt, who kept marveling at how uncanny the figure looked like him.
"Mad Men" is airing the first part of its seventh and final season.
1. Police release more details on cold case murder arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Defendant shows up to court high COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Having a voice: Tyler Edmonds seeks compensation from Mississippi for three years he spent in prison COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cold case arrest brings closure to family COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Documents: Nicholas seeks tourism rebate for hotel, won't pursue local TIF funds STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY