May 10, 2014 11:02:03 PM
NEW YORK -- What's the first thing Jon Hamm did when he saw his wax figure unveiled Friday at New York's Madame Tussauds?
Took a selfie, of course.
"That's a no-brainer. I'm probably not done doing that either," he told The Associated Press.
The wax figure is decked out in a debonair-looking grey suit. Ironically, Hamm, who stars in the AMC drama "Mad Men," arrived at the unveiling wearing a grey suit.
"This is happenstance, but it is kind of crazy how kind of identical we decided to dress. I'm referring to him as a human being as if he dressed himself," he said.
Hamm said he posed for the figure last year. It took months to craft the figure.
As Hamm posed for photos next to the figure, he also joked about the stoic expression on the mannequin saying "a lot of people would say this kind of describes my acting (on 'Mad Men'). A lot of waxy stares, a lot of silent brooding."
Hamm was joined by his longtime girlfriend, actress Jennifer Westfeldt, who kept marveling at how uncanny the figure looked like him.
"Mad Men" is airing the first part of its seventh and final season.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY