May 12, 2014 9:17:24 AM
ABERDEEN -- The Monroe County Sheriff's Office will provide emergency weather alert radios to senior citizens using a grant provided by the Mississippi Leadership Council on Aging.
WTVA-TV reports applications for the radios will be accepted from county residents age 60 and older through the Monroe County Seniors and Law Enforcement Together program.
Applications are available at the mayor's office in Aberdeen, the mayor's office in Amory, Nettleton Town Hall, Smithville Town Hall, Hatley Town Hall, offices of the Hamilton Water District and at the Monroe County Sheriff's Office. They must be submitted by May 30.
Deputies say the Monroe County SALT Council will choose the recipients. Not all applicants will get the radios.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS