May 12, 2014 9:17:29 AM
The Columbus Municipal School District is asking for public input on the search for a new superintendent.
Search firm Ray and Associates will be at Brandon Central Offices from 6:30 -- 7:30 p.m. today seeking parent and student input. The consultants will be meeting with CMSD faculty earlier in the day.
School Board president Angela Verdell encouraged parents and community members to come and share what they want to see in a new superintendent.
"Community input is valuable and will assist the board in developing the qualities essential for the next superintendent of Columbus schools," Verdell said. "We appreciate the community's interest and involvement in this important process."
If citizens are unable to attend tonight's meeting, there will be three additional meetings Tuesday.
Ray and Associates will be at Brandon Central Office from 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Tuesday morning and 4 p.m- 5 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. They will be at Cook Elementary from 6-7 p.m. Tuesday.
Input forms are also available online at www.columbuscityschools.org.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY