May 12, 2014 9:17:29 AM
The Columbus Municipal School District is asking for public input on the search for a new superintendent.
Search firm Ray and Associates will be at Brandon Central Offices from 6:30 -- 7:30 p.m. today seeking parent and student input. The consultants will be meeting with CMSD faculty earlier in the day.
School Board president Angela Verdell encouraged parents and community members to come and share what they want to see in a new superintendent.
"Community input is valuable and will assist the board in developing the qualities essential for the next superintendent of Columbus schools," Verdell said. "We appreciate the community's interest and involvement in this important process."
If citizens are unable to attend tonight's meeting, there will be three additional meetings Tuesday.
Ray and Associates will be at Brandon Central Office from 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Tuesday morning and 4 p.m- 5 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. They will be at Cook Elementary from 6-7 p.m. Tuesday.
Input forms are also available online at www.columbuscityschools.org.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY