May 15, 2014 10:34:18 AM
ELYRIA, Ohio -- An Ohio appeals court has upheld a judge's order that a deadbeat father can't have more kids until he pays his back child support.
The decision this week by the 9th District Court of Appeals didn't provide an opinion about whether the judge's order was appropriate.
In January 2013, Lorain County Probate Judge James Walther said Taylor couldn't have more children while he is on probation for five years. The judge said the order would be lifted if Taylor pays nearly $100,000 in overdue support for his four children.
The (Elyria) Chronicle-Telegram reports that Taylor's attorney is arguing that the order violates his right to reproduce.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY