May 15, 2014 10:34:13 AM
Mississippi State University President Mark E. Keenum, right, recently received a charitable contribution from Cadence Bank, which was presented by Jerry Toney, bank president for Mississippi. Cadence Bank is generously supporting the MSU Promise Program, as well as the Department of Finance and Economics in the MSU College of Business, with a multi-year pledge of $150,000 for student scholarships and faculty support, two major university initiatives. By making this gift through MSU's Infinite Impact capital campaign, Cadence seeks to make college accessible for those who need tuition assistance, while also upholding excellence in higher education at the state's premier research university.
1. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY