May 16, 2014 10:59:42 AM
OXFORD -- A 24-year-old Mooreville man will spend 30 months in federal prison on charges he enticed a minor to engage in illegal sexual conduct.
WTVA TV reports Matthew Blake Whitt was sentenced Thursday in U. S. District Court in Oxford.
Authorities say the victim was a 15-year-old student at the school where Whitt worked as a substitute teacher.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY