May 16, 2014 10:59:42 AM
OXFORD -- A 24-year-old Mooreville man will spend 30 months in federal prison on charges he enticed a minor to engage in illegal sexual conduct.
WTVA TV reports Matthew Blake Whitt was sentenced Thursday in U. S. District Court in Oxford.
Authorities say the victim was a 15-year-old student at the school where Whitt worked as a substitute teacher.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY