May 16, 2014 10:59:42 AM
OXFORD -- A 24-year-old Mooreville man will spend 30 months in federal prison on charges he enticed a minor to engage in illegal sexual conduct.
WTVA TV reports Matthew Blake Whitt was sentenced Thursday in U. S. District Court in Oxford.
Authorities say the victim was a 15-year-old student at the school where Whitt worked as a substitute teacher.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY