May 16, 2014 10:59:42 AM
OXFORD -- A 24-year-old Mooreville man will spend 30 months in federal prison on charges he enticed a minor to engage in illegal sexual conduct.
WTVA TV reports Matthew Blake Whitt was sentenced Thursday in U. S. District Court in Oxford.
Authorities say the victim was a 15-year-old student at the school where Whitt worked as a substitute teacher.
1. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY