May 16, 2014 10:59:42 AM
OXFORD -- A 24-year-old Mooreville man will spend 30 months in federal prison on charges he enticed a minor to engage in illegal sexual conduct.
WTVA TV reports Matthew Blake Whitt was sentenced Thursday in U. S. District Court in Oxford.
Authorities say the victim was a 15-year-old student at the school where Whitt worked as a substitute teacher.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY