May 17, 2014 11:04:14 PM
A West Point man has been arrested and charged with possession of child pornography.
Marcus Wilburn Knight, 49, of West Point, was arrested Thursday by Mississippi Attorney General's Cyber Crime Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. The West Point Police Department assisted in the arrest.
Knight was charged with one count of possession of child pornography. The AG's office declined to comment further, citing an ongoing investigation.
If convicted, Knight could face up to 40 years behind bars.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB instructor killed in Texas crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman gets prison for MUW embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY