May 17, 2014 11:04:14 PM
A West Point man has been arrested and charged with possession of child pornography.
Marcus Wilburn Knight, 49, of West Point, was arrested Thursday by Mississippi Attorney General's Cyber Crime Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. The West Point Police Department assisted in the arrest.
Knight was charged with one count of possession of child pornography. The AG's office declined to comment further, citing an ongoing investigation.
If convicted, Knight could face up to 40 years behind bars.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Trotter shooting suspect arrested COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Big cat sleepover: Cedarhill holds fundraising raffle for second year in a row COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-circuit clerk arrested for slapping woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Signing off: Longtime WCBI anchor retiring after 44 years on the air COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Presley blasts Net Neutrality ruling during Exchange Club speech COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY