May 17, 2014 11:04:14 PM
A West Point man has been arrested and charged with possession of child pornography.
Marcus Wilburn Knight, 49, of West Point, was arrested Thursday by Mississippi Attorney General's Cyber Crime Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. The West Point Police Department assisted in the arrest.
Knight was charged with one count of possession of child pornography. The AG's office declined to comment further, citing an ongoing investigation.
If convicted, Knight could face up to 40 years behind bars.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY