May 17, 2014 11:04:14 PM
A West Point man has been arrested and charged with possession of child pornography.
Marcus Wilburn Knight, 49, of West Point, was arrested Thursday by Mississippi Attorney General's Cyber Crime Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. The West Point Police Department assisted in the arrest.
Knight was charged with one count of possession of child pornography. The AG's office declined to comment further, citing an ongoing investigation.
If convicted, Knight could face up to 40 years behind bars.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY