May 17, 2014 11:04:14 PM
A West Point man has been arrested and charged with possession of child pornography.
Marcus Wilburn Knight, 49, of West Point, was arrested Thursday by Mississippi Attorney General's Cyber Crime Unit/Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. The West Point Police Department assisted in the arrest.
Knight was charged with one count of possession of child pornography. The AG's office declined to comment further, citing an ongoing investigation.
If convicted, Knight could face up to 40 years behind bars.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY