May 17, 2014 11:04:24 PM
A Saturday morning shooting left one man injured and a suspect in custody.
According to police chief Tony Carleton, the incident occurred at 611 Peach Street around 11 a.m.
A male victim was shot an unknown number of times. He was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
The alleged male suspect fled the scene in a white Dodge Charger with a black stripe down the middle. Scanner traffic reported a female was driving the vehicle. The Charger and the female driver were located at an apartment near 11th Street North and Fourth Avenue shortly after the shooting, authorities claim. The suspect had left the scene.
He was apprehended by the Columbus Police Department early Saturday afternoon.
Interim Chief Tony Carleton confirmed the suspect in custody as 18-year-old Arthur Davidson. Carleton said investigators did not believe the incident was a drive-by shooting.
Davidson was arrested in March for felony taking of a motor vehicle. He is out on bail on a $5,000 bond.
According to Carleton, the victim is listed in stable condition at BMH-GT.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY