May 17, 2014 11:04:24 PM
A Saturday morning shooting left one man injured and a suspect in custody.
According to police chief Tony Carleton, the incident occurred at 611 Peach Street around 11 a.m.
A male victim was shot an unknown number of times. He was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
The alleged male suspect fled the scene in a white Dodge Charger with a black stripe down the middle. Scanner traffic reported a female was driving the vehicle. The Charger and the female driver were located at an apartment near 11th Street North and Fourth Avenue shortly after the shooting, authorities claim. The suspect had left the scene.
He was apprehended by the Columbus Police Department early Saturday afternoon.
Interim Chief Tony Carleton confirmed the suspect in custody as 18-year-old Arthur Davidson. Carleton said investigators did not believe the incident was a drive-by shooting.
Davidson was arrested in March for felony taking of a motor vehicle. He is out on bail on a $5,000 bond.
According to Carleton, the victim is listed in stable condition at BMH-GT.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY