May 20, 2014 10:40:21 AM
A Columbus woman has been arrested and charged with arson.
Cicely Alyse Hopkins, 26, of 114 Poplar Street, was arrested Monday by officers with the Columbus Police Department and charged with felony arson. Police say Hopkins attempted to set fire to her ex-boyfriend's home at 2403 11th Avenue North, according to CPD spokesperson Latasha Key.
Hopkins appeared before Municipal Court Judge Nicole Clinskcales where she received a bond of $3,500. Her preliminary court date is scheduled for Sept. 4.
The arson charge is Hopkins' first felony arrest.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former CMSD choir director indicted for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY