May 20, 2014 10:40:21 AM
A Columbus woman has been arrested and charged with arson.
Cicely Alyse Hopkins, 26, of 114 Poplar Street, was arrested Monday by officers with the Columbus Police Department and charged with felony arson. Police say Hopkins attempted to set fire to her ex-boyfriend's home at 2403 11th Avenue North, according to CPD spokesperson Latasha Key.
Hopkins appeared before Municipal Court Judge Nicole Clinskcales where she received a bond of $3,500. Her preliminary court date is scheduled for Sept. 4.
The arson charge is Hopkins' first felony arrest.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. New Hope senior, Ole Miss signee arrested for stealing guns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Trainer: Wet N Wild deal unlikely until lake repairs are made STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Investigators looking into suspicious package delivered to Oby's STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY