May 20, 2014 10:40:21 AM
A Columbus woman has been arrested and charged with arson.
Cicely Alyse Hopkins, 26, of 114 Poplar Street, was arrested Monday by officers with the Columbus Police Department and charged with felony arson. Police say Hopkins attempted to set fire to her ex-boyfriend's home at 2403 11th Avenue North, according to CPD spokesperson Latasha Key.
Hopkins appeared before Municipal Court Judge Nicole Clinskcales where she received a bond of $3,500. Her preliminary court date is scheduled for Sept. 4.
The arson charge is Hopkins' first felony arrest.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. LINK head concerned about state budget cuts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY