May 20, 2014 10:40:21 AM
A Columbus woman has been arrested and charged with arson.
Cicely Alyse Hopkins, 26, of 114 Poplar Street, was arrested Monday by officers with the Columbus Police Department and charged with felony arson. Police say Hopkins attempted to set fire to her ex-boyfriend's home at 2403 11th Avenue North, according to CPD spokesperson Latasha Key.
Hopkins appeared before Municipal Court Judge Nicole Clinskcales where she received a bond of $3,500. Her preliminary court date is scheduled for Sept. 4.
The arson charge is Hopkins' first felony arrest.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY