October 16, 2009 9:31:00 AM
The Convention and Visitors Bureau presents the third in a series of talks with local authors Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Tennessee Williams Welcome Center, 300 Main St.
Mississippi University for Women professor of English and poet Kendall Dunkelberg will be the featured writer for "No Dead Authors," a free event open to the public.
Dunkelberg is also the director of the Eudora Welty Writers'' Symposium to be hosted at MUW Oct. 22-24. His second book of poems, "Time Capsules," was published this summer by Texas Review Press.
Poet Angela Ball writes, "Kendall Dunkelberg''s ''Time Capsules'' encompass eloquence and sense, memory and implication. These skillful poems give us much to admire, and even more to taste, to see."
Dunkelberg''s first collection, titled "Landscapes and Architectures," was published in 2001.
Refreshments will be served at the "No Dead Authors" gathering.
For more information, contact Adele Elliott at 662-241-9931 or the Convention and Visitors Bureau at 662-329-1191.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY