October 16, 2009 9:31:00 AM
The Convention and Visitors Bureau presents the third in a series of talks with local authors Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Tennessee Williams Welcome Center, 300 Main St.
Mississippi University for Women professor of English and poet Kendall Dunkelberg will be the featured writer for "No Dead Authors," a free event open to the public.
Dunkelberg is also the director of the Eudora Welty Writers'' Symposium to be hosted at MUW Oct. 22-24. His second book of poems, "Time Capsules," was published this summer by Texas Review Press.
Poet Angela Ball writes, "Kendall Dunkelberg''s ''Time Capsules'' encompass eloquence and sense, memory and implication. These skillful poems give us much to admire, and even more to taste, to see."
Dunkelberg''s first collection, titled "Landscapes and Architectures," was published in 2001.
Refreshments will be served at the "No Dead Authors" gathering.
For more information, contact Adele Elliott at 662-241-9931 or the Convention and Visitors Bureau at 662-329-1191.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. LINK head concerned about state budget cuts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY