May 21, 2014 10:35:02 AM
The Starkville Police Department charged 26-year-old Antwjuan Terry, of 326 W. Half Mile St., Apartment A8, West Point, with aggravated assault and armed robbery in connection with a May 15 shooting.
Terry allegedly shot an unidentified victim after taking an undisclosed amount of money from him while he sat in his vehicle at the intersection of Reed Road and Pecan Lane in Starkville.
The victim was able to flee to OCH Regional Medical Center, where he was treated for his wound.
Terry's bond was set at $25,000 for each offense, and he will soon stand before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Favor for his initial appearance.
The alleged shooter was placed on a hold with Mississippi Department of Corrections as he was previously on parole, a SPD release stated.
SPD credited West Point Police Department, Miss. Bureau of Narcotics, MDOC and its own narcotics division for the arrest.
The investigation is ongoing, and additional arrests may occur, the release states.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Bucket-list rides STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY