May 21, 2014 10:35:02 AM
The Starkville Police Department charged 26-year-old Antwjuan Terry, of 326 W. Half Mile St., Apartment A8, West Point, with aggravated assault and armed robbery in connection with a May 15 shooting.
Terry allegedly shot an unidentified victim after taking an undisclosed amount of money from him while he sat in his vehicle at the intersection of Reed Road and Pecan Lane in Starkville.
The victim was able to flee to OCH Regional Medical Center, where he was treated for his wound.
Terry's bond was set at $25,000 for each offense, and he will soon stand before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Favor for his initial appearance.
The alleged shooter was placed on a hold with Mississippi Department of Corrections as he was previously on parole, a SPD release stated.
SPD credited West Point Police Department, Miss. Bureau of Narcotics, MDOC and its own narcotics division for the arrest.
The investigation is ongoing, and additional arrests may occur, the release states.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY