May 22, 2014 10:27:02 AM
Firefighter Cody L. Boykin of the Starkville Fire Department graduated May 15, 2014, from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Firefighter I-II course held at the Mississippi State Fire Academy in Jackson.
This intense seven week course included classroom and hands-on instruction in the areas of fire behavior, fire suppression, rescue, incident command, hazardous materials and other fire related topics. This course meets and exceeds the National Fire Protection Association for Firefighter Qualifications and the uniform minimum training standards stated in the Mississippi Code section 45-11-7.
The Mississippi State Fire Academy is a division of the Mississippi Insurance Department. Commissioner Mike Chaney and Academy Executive Director Reggie Bell conclude that firefighters, through their newly acquired skills and knowledge, will be an asset to the fire departments they represent in implementing fire protection and prevention for their community.
1. Shifting to local: Coffee shop rebrands after getting new owner COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SOCSD bans former teacher from campuses STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Armed robbery case ends in mistrial COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Moore will run for Starkville mayor in 2017 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD seeks increased community input COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY