May 22, 2014 10:27:13 AM
MANTACHIE -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will open a Walmart Express on Mississippi Highway 363 in Mantachie.
The Itawamba County Times reports site plans for the store were approved by the board of aldermen this past week.
Wal-Mart unveiled its first Walmart Express in 2011 in Arkansas. The 11,879 square-foot store is much smaller than the Wal-Mart superstore. It aims to carry everything you might need on the spur of the moment, from milk and eggs to DVDs. Just not everything under the sun like its big cousin.
Walmart Express is sized to fit into cities where space is at a premium and in rural areas that can't support a superstore.
Officials say construction is scheduled to begin later this summer. The store should be open by the end of the year.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY