May 22, 2014 10:45:20 AM
A Lowndes County teen is missing after she was last seen getting into a vehicle with two men.
Keyonna Michael, 13, was last seen Sunday around 7 p.m., according to Lowndes County Sheriff's Department investigator Ryan Rickert.
Rickert said Michael's mother saw the girl getting in a tan Nissan Altima with two men near her home on Crowe Road.
The mother took down a tag number but Rickert said the plate number does not match the description of the vehicle and is not a Lowndes County tag.
Michael has a cell phone in her possession but calls are going straight to voicemail. The teenager has run away before but "never to this extent," Rickert said Thursday.
Michael is described as a black female with black hair and brown eyes. She is 4'10 inches tall and weighs 155 pounds. She also wears glasses.
Anyone with information on Michael's disappearance or location is asked to call 911, the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department at 662-329-5720 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY