May 23, 2014 10:20:41 AM
A Lowndes County teenager who went missing earlier this week has returned home.
Keyonna Michael, 13, was reported missing by her mother Sunday night after the teenager was seen getting into a vehicle with two unidentified men. Micheal was located in Winona Thursday afternoon in the company of a 19-year-old male. Authorities did not release any other information on the man.
According to Investigator Ryan Rickert with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department, Michael traveled to Winona to meet the 19-year-old. Rickert said investigators do not believe Michael left Lowndes County with the 19-year-old but do believe she got in the vehicle Sunday night of her own free will.
Michael has returned to Columbus. The 19-year-old remains in Winona. Charges are expected to be filed against the male but have yet to be determined, Rickert said.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY