May 24, 2014 11:08:27 PM
JACKSON -- American Helping Hands Inc. has paid a $5,000 fine for violations of Mississippi's No Call Law.
Northern District Public Service Commission Brandon Presley says in a news release that the money was paid by American Helping Hands Inc. following a settlement reached regarding alleged violations of Mississippi's No Call Law.
Presley says the Birmingham, Alabama, company was alleged to have made unauthorized telephone solicitations and failed to register with the PSC as a telephone solicitor.
He says the payment will be used to offset the costs of No Call Law enforcement.
Mississippians who wish to add their home telephone number to the No Call list should contact the Public Service Commission at 1-800-356-6428 or online at psc.state.ms.us/nocall.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY