May 24, 2014 11:08:27 PM
JACKSON -- American Helping Hands Inc. has paid a $5,000 fine for violations of Mississippi's No Call Law.
Northern District Public Service Commission Brandon Presley says in a news release that the money was paid by American Helping Hands Inc. following a settlement reached regarding alleged violations of Mississippi's No Call Law.
Presley says the Birmingham, Alabama, company was alleged to have made unauthorized telephone solicitations and failed to register with the PSC as a telephone solicitor.
He says the payment will be used to offset the costs of No Call Law enforcement.
Mississippians who wish to add their home telephone number to the No Call list should contact the Public Service Commission at 1-800-356-6428 or online at psc.state.ms.us/nocall.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY