May 24, 2014 11:08:27 PM
JACKSON -- American Helping Hands Inc. has paid a $5,000 fine for violations of Mississippi's No Call Law.
Northern District Public Service Commission Brandon Presley says in a news release that the money was paid by American Helping Hands Inc. following a settlement reached regarding alleged violations of Mississippi's No Call Law.
Presley says the Birmingham, Alabama, company was alleged to have made unauthorized telephone solicitations and failed to register with the PSC as a telephone solicitor.
He says the payment will be used to offset the costs of No Call Law enforcement.
Mississippians who wish to add their home telephone number to the No Call list should contact the Public Service Commission at 1-800-356-6428 or online at psc.state.ms.us/nocall.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY