May 27, 2014 10:56:01 AM
LEXINGTON -- A prison system warden was shot and killed by her nephew at a family gathering in Holmes County.
Sheriff Willie March tells WLBT-TV Fay Ann Noel was struck in the chest with a 20-gauge shotgun.
Witnesses say that her 25-year-old nephew, Kenneth Lee Williams, fired the shot that killed the 58-year-old.
March says Williams fled the scene, but was later arrested at the hospital when he was brought there by a relative for treatment.
Williams is charged with murder.
March says Noel worked for the state Department of Corrections for about 25 years. Department records list her as a warden at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY