In this photo taken Monday, Molly Schuyler, of Bellevue, Neb., smiles after eating two 72-ounce steak meals in under 15 minutes at The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, Texas. Photo by: AP Photo/The Amarillo Globe News, Sean Steffen
May 29, 2014 9:53:11 AM
AMARILLO, Texas -- A Nebraska woman celebrated breaking a Texas steakhouse's speed record for eating a 4½-pound slab of beef by polishing off another one.
The Amarillo Globe-News and the Big Texan Steak Ranch's Twitter page say that competitive eater Molly Schuyler finished her first steak in 4 minutes and 58 seconds. The previous record was 8 minutes and 52 seconds.
The 5-foot-7, 125-pound mother from Bellevue, Nebraska, ate her second 4½-pound steak in 9 minutes and 59 seconds.
The restaurant foots the bill for anyone who can eat one of the steaks, a baked potato, shrimp, a salad and bread roll in under an hour, so Schuyler ate those side dishes as well.
In February, the self-described "bottomless pit" ate 363 chicken wings in 30 minutes in Philadelphia.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Ward 5 candidates outline goals, platforms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY