May 31, 2014 10:49:32 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- A cross-country fight had to make an unscheduled landing when a service dog pooped twice in the aisle, sickening passengers with the odor.
US Airways spokesman Andrew Christie said the May 28 US Airways flight from Los Angeles to Philadelphia had to make an unscheduled stop in Kansas City,
Christie called the episode a "rare and unfortunate situation." The flight continued after the mess was cleaned up on the ground. The passenger and service dog were rebooked on another flight.
Jim Kutsch, president at The Seeing Eye guide dog school in Morristown, New Jersey, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer that such incidents are rare, but that dogs occasionally get sick on planes, too.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY