May 31, 2014 10:50:17 PM
The suspect of a Saturday morning shooting has turned himself into authorities.
Columbus police responded to a shots fired call at 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning at 201 Bynes Circle. According to Interim Police chief Tony Carleton, Dino Turner, age and address unknown as of press time, fired shots and left the scene. One victim, whose identity and condition are unknown, was airlifted to a hospital in Jackson, Carleton said.
Carleton added that information in the call indicates Turner was hiding in the victim's home. Turner turned himself in at Lowndes County Jail at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Carleton said.
Columbus Police Department has not released any more information on any charges Turner faces.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY