May 31, 2014 10:50:17 PM
The suspect of a Saturday morning shooting has turned himself into authorities.
Columbus police responded to a shots fired call at 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning at 201 Bynes Circle. According to Interim Police chief Tony Carleton, Dino Turner, age and address unknown as of press time, fired shots and left the scene. One victim, whose identity and condition are unknown, was airlifted to a hospital in Jackson, Carleton said.
Carleton added that information in the call indicates Turner was hiding in the victim's home. Turner turned himself in at Lowndes County Jail at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Carleton said.
Columbus Police Department has not released any more information on any charges Turner faces.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen shoot down Pride parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police make attempted kidnapping arrest STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY