May 31, 2014 10:50:17 PM
The suspect of a Saturday morning shooting has turned himself into authorities.
Columbus police responded to a shots fired call at 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning at 201 Bynes Circle. According to Interim Police chief Tony Carleton, Dino Turner, age and address unknown as of press time, fired shots and left the scene. One victim, whose identity and condition are unknown, was airlifted to a hospital in Jackson, Carleton said.
Carleton added that information in the call indicates Turner was hiding in the victim's home. Turner turned himself in at Lowndes County Jail at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Carleton said.
Columbus Police Department has not released any more information on any charges Turner faces.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY