May 31, 2014 10:50:17 PM
The suspect of a Saturday morning shooting has turned himself into authorities.
Columbus police responded to a shots fired call at 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning at 201 Bynes Circle. According to Interim Police chief Tony Carleton, Dino Turner, age and address unknown as of press time, fired shots and left the scene. One victim, whose identity and condition are unknown, was airlifted to a hospital in Jackson, Carleton said.
Carleton added that information in the call indicates Turner was hiding in the victim's home. Turner turned himself in at Lowndes County Jail at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Carleton said.
Columbus Police Department has not released any more information on any charges Turner faces.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. After 11 years as EMCC president, Young stepping down COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY